Maria Jones is a physical therapist passionate about the use of assistive technology and support access and inclusion for people with disabilities. Her purpose is to figure out ways to adapt environments and welcome people of all abilities. She is the program director at Oklahoma City University’s Doctor of Physical Therapy Program encouraging the future PT generation to understand the impact they make in people’s lives.
- What does assistive technology mean in relation to physical therapy
- Types of assistive technology such as wheelchairs and seating
- Promoting all activities to be possible for every ability
- Removing barriers for those who require assistive technology or modifications
- The support of physical therapy in all forms of mobility
- Who is someone the audience should follow to learn more about today’s topic? Major wheelchair companies who provide education on assistive technology, local durable medical equipment
- What is something the audience should take a look at if they want to take a deeper dive into some of the things we talked about today? International Seating Symposium, Annual Assistive Technology Conference: Closing the Gap
- Why should people care about this episode/topic? Sometime in your life, you will have a patient or family member who will experience a loss in mobility.
“See the person you are assisting as a human being. Look at what would happen to you if you had no mobility.” – Maria Jones
Connect with Maria!
Win a Digital Boost Pack – SIGN UP HERE
Do you want to be part of PT Pintcast Book Club? Join the PT Pintcast Happy Hour Facebook Group for more information
PT Pintcast is brewed by:
Practice Freedom U
For PT Owners who want to Treat Less, Earn More, and create the business you’ve always dreamed of. Take the Practice Quiz now to see where you stack up. Visit practicefreedomu.com.
YOUR CBD Store – get the ABC’s of CBD at CBDRX4u.com
Providing awesome adventures in patient care for physical therapists who care about where they’re going! Look no further than JacksonTherapy.com
An EMR is to a Physical Therapist as a Hammer is to a Carpenter. You deserve to LOVE USING IT!
It’s time for something better. It’s time for something customizable. That’s where MWTherapy comes in, take a demo of their amazing EMR now at MWTherapy.com where switching your EMR is easy!
Brooks Rehabilitation Institute of Higher Learning
The Brooks Institute of Higher Learning is a world class organization on the cutting edge of evidence-informed practice and professional development for rehabilitation professionals. Learn more at BrooksIHL.org.
Owens Recovery Science
Your single course for clinicians who want certification in Personalized Blood Flow Restriction Rehabilitation Training and the equipment YOU Need to apply it properly In your clinical practice. Find out where you can get certified NEXT at www.owensrecoveryscience.com.
The Academy of Orthopaedic Physical Therapy