Elise Cantu and Scott Capozza are both physical therapists who have found their passion in caring for patients in the oncology population. Elise holds her own PT podcast called The Onco PT where she holds conversations talking about all topics related to oncology physical therapy. Scott is an educator and practices in a multidisciplinary survivorship setting at Yale Medicine, his story began when diagnosed with stage II cancer in his last year of PT school.
- What is oncology physical therapy?
- Be prepared as a physical therapist to treat a person with cancer… because it WILL happen
- The reason of entering this niche of oncology physical therapy
- If you want to learn more about oncology physical therapy, check out Elise’s podcast The Onco PT
- Who is someone the audience should follow to learn more about today’s topic?
- Elise: Alexandra Hill @OncoPelvicPT
- Scott: Kelly Reed Sturm @CancerRehabPT
- What is something the audience should take a look at if they want to take a deeper dive into some of the things we talked about today?
- Elise: The Quick Guide to Treating Patients with Cancer
- Scott: Oncology Rehabilitation: A Comprehensive Guidebook for Clinicians
- Why should people care about this episode/topic?
- Elise: Cancer is one of the biggest contributors for disability in this country.
- Scott: We have the power to empower people in times when people feel they do not have control.
“If you are a physical therapist, you have the knowledge and skills that it takes to start treating these patients.” – Elise Cantu
“It is not a matter of if you will treat someone with a history of cancer but when.” – Scott Capozza
Connect with Elise and Scott on Twitter and Instagram
- Elise @theoncopt
- Scott @ScottCapozza
Win a Dot.Physio Digital Boost Pack – Enter HERE
Do you want to be part of PT Pintcast Book Club? Join the PT Pintcast Happy Hour Facebook Group for more information
PT Pintcast is brewed by:
Practice Freedom U
For PT Owners who want to Treat Less, Earn More, and create the business you’ve always dreamed of. Take the Practice Quiz now to see where you stack up. Visit practicefreedomu.com.
YOUR CBD Store – get the ABC’s of CBD at CBDRX4u.com
Providing awesome adventures in patient care for physical therapists who care about where they’re going! Look no further than JacksonTherapy.com
An EMR is to a Physical Therapist as a Hammer is to a Carpenter. You deserve to LOVE USING IT!
It’s time for something better. It’s time for something customizable. That’s where MWTherapy comes in, take a demo of their amazing EMR now at MWTherapy.com where switching your EMR is easy!
Brooks Rehabilitation Institute of Higher Learning
The Brooks Institute of Higher Learning is a world class organization on the cutting edge of evidence-informed practice and professional development for rehabilitation professionals. Learn more at BrooksIHL.org.
Owens Recovery Science
Your single course for clinicians who want certification in Personalized Blood Flow Restriction Rehabilitation Training and the equipment YOU Need to apply it properly In your clinical practice. Find out where you can get certified NEXT at www.owensrecoveryscience.com.
The Academy of Orthopaedic Physical Therapy