Rebekah Griffith is a physical therapist practicing in the Emergency Department and committed to making PT in the ED well-known and well-practiced. She started the ED PT which includes continuing education, consulting, and provided course content for DPT programs. Rebekah is currently the Chief Delegate of APTA Colorado.
- Pushing the scope of practice to allow physical therapists to make upstream change
- Practicing in non-traditional models
- Advocating for improve and expanding scope of practice to enhance our ability to care for patients
- The Emergency Department allows physical therapists to access more patients by being present from the start of a patient’s care
- Who is someone the audience should follow to learn more about today’s topic? Carleen Jogodka @cjogodka on Twitter
- Why should people care about this episode/topic? ED PT’s help find more patients for physical therapists while helping to move the needle on earlier access to physical therapy services
“Physical therapy should not be a luxury for people and we should do a better job at getting to our patients. We need to be where the patients are.” – Rebekah Griffith
Connect with Rebekah
Win a Digital Boost Pack – SIGN UP HERE
Check out the Twitter thread by @RodGerardo
Join PT Pintcast and Rebekah Griffith on our Book Club – Join the PT Pintcast Happy Hour Facebook Group for more information
PT Pintcast is brewed by:
Practice Freedom U
For PT Owners who want to Treat Less, Earn More, and create the business you’ve always dreamed of. Take the Practice Quiz now to see where you stack up. Visit practicefreedomu.com.
YOUR CBD Store – get the ABC’s of CBD at CBDRX4u.com
Providing awesome adventures in patient care for physical therapists who care about where they’re going! Look no further than JacksonTherapy.com
An EMR is to a Physical Therapist as a Hammer is to a Carpenter. You deserve to LOVE USING IT!
It’s time for something better. It’s time for something customizable. That’s where MWTherapy comes in, take a demo of their amazing EMR now at MWTherapy.com where switching your EMR is easy!
Brooks Rehabilitation Institute of Higher Learning
The Brooks Institute of Higher Learning is a world class organization on the cutting edge of evidence-informed practice and professional development for rehabilitation professionals. Learn more at BrooksIHL.org.
Owens Recovery Science
Your single course for clinicians who want certification in Personalized Blood Flow Restriction Rehabilitation Training and the equipment YOU Need to apply it properly In your clinical practice. Find out where you can get certified NEXT at www.owensrecoveryscience.com.
The Academy of Orthopaedic Physical Therapy