Alyssa Arms is a colorado-based physical therapist who specializes in treating dancers and other performing artists. She owns her own company, Back in Step Physical Therapy, treating the performer and dance athlete. She also teaches at the University of Colorado Anshutz and is a guest lecturer and public speaker.
- The niche of dance medicine
- Special considerations for the artistic athlete
- Become connected within your niche community
- Establish yourself as an expert
- Who is someone the audience should follow to learn more about today’s topic? Jenna Kantor, PT
- What is something the audience should take a look at if they want to take a deeper dive into some of the things we talked about today? International Association for Dance Medicine and Science, Doctors for Dancers
- Why should people care about this episode/topic? Dance medicine is an underserved community and has specific needs which are outside of the norm of the human body.
“If you are somebody who is working with a dance or anyone who is an artistic athlete, reach out and find resources to help them where they need to be.” – Alyssa Arms
Connect with Alyssa
PT Pintcast is brewed by:
Practice Freedom U
For PT Owners who want to Treat Less, Earn More, and create the business you’ve always dreamed of. Take the Practice Quiz now to see where you stack up. Visit practicefreedomu.com.
YOUR CBD Store – get the ABC’s of CBD at CBDRX4u.com
Providing awesome adventures in patient care for physical therapists who care about where they’re going! Look no further than JacksonTherapy.com
An EMR is to a Physical Therapist as a Hammer is to a Carpenter. You deserve to LOVE USING IT!
It’s time for something better. It’s time for something customizable. That’s where MWTherapy comes in, take a demo of their amazing EMR now at MWTherapy.com where switching your EMR is easy!
Owens Recovery Science
Your single course for clinicians who want certification in Personalized Blood Flow Restriction Rehabilitation Training and the equipment YOU Need to apply it properly In your clinical practice. Find out where you can get certified NEXT at www.owensrecoveryscience.com.
The Academy of Orthopaedic Physical Therapy