Danielle Stoller is a neurologic physical therapist who helps stroke and brain injury survivors improve their lives through a holistic rehab approach. Marabeth Quin uses the experience and insights from her daughter’s stroke recovery to improve the therapist’s understanding of the mental and emotional aspects of the recovery process. Together they co-founded Expanded Practice.
Expanded Practice teaches physical, occupational, and speech therapists to start utilizing the power of positive mindsets and expectations in the recovery process so they can connect with the patients on a more significant level and help them reach greater recovery potential. Expanded Practice is passionate about improving the rehab experience for patients and therapists so both thrive and achieve the highest possible outcome.
The two big ways therapists can impact patients is through clinical skills and our human presence and connection.
Download the checklist of 8 Simple Ways to Start Thriving in Your Practice today by heading to Expanded Practice.
- Two ways to be impactful toward your patients
- The science behind how we are all connected and affect each other
- Strategies therapists can use to help become a powerful healing presence to patients
- Why impacting your patients through presence and connections combats burnout
- What resources are available for someone to learn more about today’s topic?
- How Healing Works by Wayne Jonas
- Atlas of the Heart by Brene Brown
- Shannon Harvey, a journalist specializing in evidence-based mind-body medicine
- Who is someone the audience should follow?
- Kate Braestrup TED Talk – The Good News About Giving Bad News
- Why should someone care more about this topic?
- The way you feel when you treat others determines the decisions you make
- Your presence, your impact is happening whether or not you are conscious of it
“Your clinical skill is important, but you have more to offer your patient than simply your clinical and technical skills. You are one energy system meeting another energy system.” – Danielle Stoller
“You’re powerful providing. You know how powerful you are.” – Marabeth Quin
Connect with Expanded Practice!
PT Pintcast is brewed by:
Practice Freedom U
For PT Owners who want to Treat Less, Earn More, and create the business you’ve always dreamed of. Take the Practice Quiz now to see where you stack up. Visit practicefreedomu.com.
FYZICAL Therapy and Balance Centers
Do you want to open a Physical Therapy Practice? Thinking about selling your practice?
You should know this: on average, a private practice who joins the FYZICAL network grows more than 40%! If you’re ready to discover how the largest network of PT private practice owners are growing and adapting to industry changes, visit FYZICALFranchise.com
YOUR CBD Store – get the ABC’s of CBD at CBDRX4u.com
Providing awesome adventures in patient care for physical therapists who care about where they’re going! Look no further than JacksonTherapy.com
An EMR is to a Physical Therapist as a Hammer is to a Carpenter. You deserve to LOVE USING IT!
It’s time for something better. It’s time for something customizable. That’s where MWTherapy comes in, take a demo of their amazing EMR now at MWTherapy.com where switching your EMR is easy!
Owens Recovery Science
Your single course for clinicians who want certification in Personalized Blood Flow Restriction Rehabilitation Training and the equipment YOU Need to apply it properly In your clinical practice. Find out where you can get certified NEXT at www.owensrecoveryscience.com.
The Academy of Orthopaedic Physical Therapy