We talk to PT and Registered Dietician Patrick Berner about PT scope of practice and nutrition.
Believe it or not nutrition is something well within the scope of practice of a physical therapy practitioner. Something that the APTA fully supports and of recent fully supports the collaboration/referral to registered dietitians. The degree of use will of course also depend on practitioner’s local practice acts.
Why does this matter?
Because the physical therapy profession needs to become more holistic in nature and the nutrition is a huge part of it.
Nutrition is within the PT scope.
State practice acts makes a difference.
Know the limitations of your “personal scope.”
unlimitedly To support our show, support our sponsors:
- Aureus Medical Staffing #TravelPT: www.AureusMedical.com
- Academy of Orthopedic Physical Therapists Annual Meeting: https://www.orthopt.org/content/education/annual-orthopaedic-meeting
Academy of Orthopedic Physical Therapists: www.OrthoPT.org
- Owens Recovery Science: www.OwensRecoveryScience.com
- Brooks IHL: www.BrooksIHL.org
- RockTape: www.RockTape.com/medical
- BuiltPT: www.BuildPT.com
- NuStep: www.NuStep.com