- Joining the Amazon Influencer Program and making Shoppable Videos.
- Creating a Social Media Marketing Agency.
- Creating a Digital Course.
- Creating an RTM (Remote Therapeutic Monitoring) Program.
- Selling Online Courses.
- Offering 1 on 1 concierge therapy practice.
The goal in this challenge was for each person to find their 3 favorite PT side hustles that allowed a physical therapist to continue treating patients while earning extra income.
Anthony Maritato’s Favorite Physical Therapy Side Hustles in 2023
The Amazon Influencer Program is an extension of the Amazon Associates Program, which is an affiliate marketing program that allows content creators and influencers to earn commissions by promoting and recommending products available on Amazon. Influencers with a qualifying social media following can join the program and receive a unique vanity URL on Amazon’s platform, where they can showcase their favorite products.
Shoppable videos are a type of interactive video content that allows viewers to directly purchase items featured in the video. These videos typically include clickable links or buttons that lead to product pages, streamlining the purchasing process and offering a seamless shopping experience for viewers. Shoppable videos can be used on various social media platforms, websites, and even within the Amazon Influencer storefronts.
By joining the Amazon Influencer Program and creating shoppable videos, influencers can leverage their online presence and audience to generate income. Here’s how the process works:
- Apply for the Amazon Influencer Program: Influencers can apply by visiting the Amazon Influencer Program page and connecting their qualifying social media account(s). Amazon evaluates applicants based on their follower count, engagement, and the type of content they create. If approved, influencers receive a custom vanity URL and access to an Amazon storefront where they can curate their favorite products.
- Create shoppable videos: Influencers should create engaging video content that features the products they want to promote. This content can include product reviews, unboxings, tutorials, or other creative ways to showcase the items. To make the videos shoppable, influencers need to add clickable elements that direct viewers to the product pages on Amazon. This can be done using various video editing tools or platforms that support shoppable video features.
- Share and promote the videos: Once the shoppable videos are ready, influencers should share them on their social media channels, websites, or other platforms where their audience is most active. They can also promote the videos through paid advertising or by collaborating with other influencers to reach a wider audience.
- Track and optimize performance: Influencers can monitor the performance of their shoppable videos and Amazon storefront using Amazon’s reporting tools. By analyzing the data, they can identify the best-performing products and content strategies, and then optimize their future videos and product recommendations accordingly.
- Earn commissions: When viewers click on the shoppable links in the video and make a purchase, the influencer earns a commission based on a percentage of the sale. The commission rates vary depending on the product category, but they can range from 1% to 10% or more.
The Amazon Influencer Program and shoppable videos offer content creators a valuable opportunity to monetize their online presence while providing value to their audience. By recommending and showcasing products they genuinely believe in, influencers can build trust and credibility with their followers, leading to a more sustainable and successful side income stream.
2.) Social Media Marketing Agency:
Tony Maritato, a successful entrepreneur and physical therapist, suggests that starting a social media marketing agency for other physical therapy services is a viable side hustle option for those in the industry. With the growing importance of online presence and digital marketing, many physical therapy businesses are seeking ways to improve their visibility and attract more clients. By leveraging their expertise in the field and knowledge of marketing strategies, physical therapists can create a profitable side business offering marketing services to fellow practitioners.
Here’s a breakdown of what starting a social media marketing agency for physical therapy services entails, including some insights from Mr. Maritato’s conversation:
- Identify the target market: Before starting a social media marketing agency, it’s crucial to identify the target market. In this case, the focus is on physical therapy businesses. This niche allows physical therapists to utilize their industry knowledge and understanding of their clients’ needs to create tailored marketing campaigns.
- Develop a service offering: Determine the specific services to offer, such as social media management, content creation, advertising campaigns, and reputation management. By specializing in social media marketing, the agency can help physical therapy businesses build brand awareness, engage with their audience, and generate leads for their services.
- Create a portfolio: It’s essential to have a portfolio showcasing previous work, whether it’s personal projects or marketing campaigns done for other businesses. This can include social media accounts managed, content created, or results achieved through marketing efforts. A strong portfolio can help attract clients and demonstrate the agency’s capabilities.
- Develop a pricing strategy: Establish a pricing structure for the services offered. This can be based on an hourly rate, a monthly retainer, or a project-based fee. Be sure to consider factors such as the complexity of the work, the size of the client’s business, and the competition in the market when determining prices.
- Build a brand: Create a professional brand identity for the agency, including a name, logo, and website. The website should provide information about the services offered, showcase the portfolio, and include contact information for potential clients. Additionally, create social media profiles for the agency and use them to demonstrate expertise and share valuable content.
- Network and find clients: Network within the physical therapy community, both online and offline, to build relationships and generate leads. This can include joining industry-specific forums, attending conferences, or participating in local business groups. Mr. Maritato suggests finding and connecting with potential clients on social media platforms, such as LinkedIn, and offering value by sharing relevant content and engaging in conversations.
- Provide excellent service: Once clients are on board, it’s essential to deliver high-quality service that meets their expectations and helps them achieve their marketing goals. This involves staying up-to-date with the latest social media trends and marketing strategies, as well as being responsive and communicative with clients.
- Scale the business: As the agency grows, consider expanding the team by hiring other professionals, such as content creators, social media managers, and advertising specialists. This can help increase the capacity to take on more clients and offer a wider range of services.
Starting a social media marketing agency for physical therapy services is a promising side hustle opportunity for professionals in the field. By leveraging their industry knowledge, marketing expertise, and networking abilities, physical therapists can create a successful business that not only generates additional income but also contributes to the growth and success of their fellow practitioners.
3.) Creating Digital Courses:
Anthony Maritato, an entrepreneur and physical therapist, highlights the potential of creating and selling digital courses as a lucrative side hustle for professionals in the physical therapy industry. Given the increasing demand for online learning resources and the expertise that physical therapists possess, developing digital courses can be an effective way to generate additional income while sharing valuable knowledge with others.
Here’s a summary of what Mr. Maritato shared about creating and selling digital courses:
- Identify a niche: Start by identifying a specific niche within the physical therapy field that you are passionate about and have expertise in. This could be a particular treatment modality, a patient population, or a specialized area of practice. By focusing on a niche, you can create targeted content that addresses the unique needs of your audience.
- Develop course content: Next, create high-quality, engaging, and informative course content that covers the chosen topic in-depth. This may include video lectures, presentations, reading materials, quizzes, or practical exercises. Mr. Maritato emphasizes the importance of creating content that is easy to understand and provides real value to the learners. He also suggests using real-life examples and case studies to make the content more relatable and applicable.
- Choose a platform: Select an appropriate platform to host and sell your digital course. Several options are available, including dedicated online course platforms like Teachable or Udemy, or creating a self-hosted platform using tools like WordPress and LearnDash. Consider factors such as the ease of use, pricing, audience reach, and available features when choosing a platform.
- Price your course: Determine a suitable price for your digital course, keeping in mind the value it provides, the target audience’s budget, and the competition in the market. You may offer tiered pricing options with different levels of access to cater to different budgets and preferences.
- Market your course: Promote your digital course to reach your target audience and generate interest. Mr. Maritato suggests using social media channels, email marketing, and content marketing to create awareness about your course. He also recommends collaborating with industry influencers, participating in online communities, and leveraging your professional network to spread the word.
- Provide support and updates: Ensure that you are available to answer questions, provide guidance, and address any issues that learners may encounter while taking your course. Additionally, regularly update the course content to keep it current and relevant, reflecting the latest developments and best practices in the physical therapy field.
- Gather feedback and testimonials: Collect feedback from learners who have completed your course to identify areas for improvement and enhance the overall learning experience. Also, request testimonials from satisfied learners that you can use to promote your course and establish credibility.
- Scale your course offerings: As your digital course business grows, consider expanding your course offerings by creating additional courses within your niche or exploring new topics related to physical therapy. This can help you reach a broader audience and increase your revenue potential.
In conclusion, creating and selling digital courses presents a valuable opportunity for physical therapists to share their expertise, contribute to the professional development of others, and generate additional income. By identifying a niche, developing high-quality content, choosing the right platform, and effectively marketing the course, physical therapists can successfully establish a profitable side hustle in the growing online education market.