Ep. 67: On the Road with Dr. Stanley Paris: In this episode of PT Pintcast, Dr. Stanley Paris calls in all the way from his RV in San Diego, CA to talk about his upcoming endeavor, The Ride for PT Research. He enjoys a Sierra Nevada Double IPA, and Jimmy enjoys a New Belgium Hoppy Blonde.
Dr. Stanley Paris is an athlete and physical therapist hailing from New Zealand. In addition to endurance motorcycling and completing the Ironman, some of Stanley’s notable accomplishments include:
- Raising $150,000 for swimming the English Channel
- Two attempts to solo circumnavigate the globe on his 63-foot yacht, Kiwi Spirit, in hopes of being the oldest to have done so
- Donating $1.2 million in conjunction with the University of St. Augustine to the Foundation for Physical Therapy over the past few years
- His next venture? Cycling 3,100 miles across the country in 34 days to raise more money and awareness for the Foundation for PT. Why?
- Because “medicine and surgery save lives, but no one speaks to quality of lives better than therapy.”
- Listen for all the details about his journey, which starts this Saturday, April 1, 2016, and how YOU can join the ride.
For more information or to donate to the Ride for PT Research, visit:
For more information on the Foundation for PT, visit: http://www.Foundation4PT.org
Episode sponsored by PT Live (www.ptlive.me)